Friday, October 31, 2008

Seebrugge, Belgium, where summer isn't always summer


It was once and only time that my ship stopped in Seebrugge, and thanks for my luck, I was free in the afternoon, so, went to discover the place a little. Soon I realised that though it is July, that doesn't necessarily mean the summer is like i used to it. It was definitely a sunny day, all right, but it was a cool for that matter, maybe only like 14 Celsius degree. Not my dream beach holiday weather.
The town is pleasant, very clean,as you would expect, with many cobblestone walking streets with small shops, cafes, restaurants. But remember, Belgium is not a cheap place!
The architecture is the usual European style, though they got many houses more remind me to those in England.
And yes, Seebrugge also got a beach, like most of the seaside towns. For my shock, also people who went to sunbathe though most others were wearing coats and sweaters. I was between this too kind, having a T-shirt only, but I was freezing.
Guess I still prefer those other kind of beaches.
But it was nice to see a new place, buy some of the famous Belgium chocolate, and most of all be a bit away from work even for a short time.

No comments: