Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Banknotes from around the World, No.2.

The Malaysian 5 Ringgit banknote (RM 5)

I have been in Malaysia for a short 3 days trip with my best friend just a few years ago. I picked up this beautiful and special 5 Ringgit banknote.
It is special, as it is a polymer banknote ( or as I simple call it: plastic), the first of its kind in Malaysia. The little transparent window really look nice on it. But for me it isn't that why I like this banknote. It is special for me, because on the backside, it depicts all my Kuala Lumpur memories: the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, where I had so much problem with Gulf Air, that we were flying with; the famous Petronas Twin Towers, where we could arrange to go up to the Skybridge, which is with its 170m above ground (41st and 42nd floor) is the World highest, connecting the two towers; and also there in the Menara Kuala Lumpur (or Kuala Lumpur Tower), which also serve as an observation point, with a fantastic view over the city, being the World's 5th highest tower.
On the front side, they show the first elected Malaysian King, Tunku Abdul Rahman.
Great city, great memories, all on a banknote!


4 comments:

earncashonline said...

Malaysia is truly a beautiful country.

Very nice blog with very interesting and unique topics / posts. A clear reflection of hard work, determination, consistency, broad experience as well as love of sharing and reaching to others.

Keep up the good work, keep sharing and success will be just a stone away.

Thanks a lot for all the experiences, knowledge and beautiful pictures you've shared.

God Bless. Goodbye.

tingtong said...

thx for your kind words. i will try to keep up!

Bernard Chung said...

Haha...nice one...
Malaysian Ringgit is colourful. Well, it's my currency.

Some more, do get other banknotes because each have different background, colours and place of interests.

tingtong said...

thx. i really like your currency, too. I have another, but my intention to show many country's 1 banknote, and not one country's all :)