Friday, October 3, 2008

My motorbike: Harde HD 110


OK, here is my motorbike. It is my main transportation around here, and a frequent choice to go for excursions. So, from now, you will know how is my motorbike when I mention it in the posts.
It is a Harde HD 110 type bike, and my first even motorbike. I bought it new 2.5 years ago.
Harde is Chinese made, 110 stands for the engine size, 110 cc. It isn't a race bike, the max. speed is around 100 km/h, but it is easy to drive, being semi-automatic. It means it has no clutch, but you still have to switch gears. It is really economic, use less then 2 liters gasoline on 100 km.
Generally it is planned to carry 2 person, however we use it as a family vehicle, Thai style, meaning it is 3 of us travel on it ( wife, son, and me). It is perfectly normal here. Many times i see even 4 person on a bike, once even happened with us when a friend was here, though just for a short distance. When the weather is nice, it is fun to drive around, when it is raining, it is a bit different story. The longest trip was up to my wife village, a crazy 500km drive. I was curious and adventurous, but next I might divide rather to 2 days. Or have more sunscreen for sure.



2 comments:

Sagar Patel said...

Hello Zoltan.
I am Sagar, your PTC friend ;)
I wish you a successful PTC life from which you can buy a car too :D
I am looking around here for your photo also, but haven't found yet...

tingtong said...

Hello Sagar!
the reason you didnt find one, is because I dont have one now...the last one I sold in 2001.Maybe next year I will buy. :)