Monday, October 6, 2008

Banknotes from around the World, No.1.


Everyone got a hobby, and I picked up also one which is related to my travels. Many collect things as postcards, and fridge magnets are another popular items. I like to collect banknotes. Usually of those smaller denominations, or where value doesn't matter much, then the more interesting looking ones. I will make a series, to introduce here some of the banknotes I picked up in the last few years, travelling. The first one: a 1 Pound note from The State of Guernsey. Guernsey is one of the Channel Islands, located in the English Channel between England and France. Guernsey is not part of the United Kingdom, but in many way depend on it. They print their own money, but also you can interchange it freely with any of the English, Scottish, or Northern Irish pounds. I pick up this banknote on Guernsey's capital town, St. Peter Port, where I was visiting with a cruise, during my work on Crystal Cruises.




No comments: