Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cha-Am daytrip

Yesterday I visited my new friend Dorka. She is also Hungarian, an exchange student for a year in Thailand. She lives in Ratchaburi, which is a smaller provincial town around 100km Southwest of Bangkok.
I decided to drive my motorbike, which is not really designed for these longer trip, but nevertheless, I like it more then the bus. I think I will write a bit about my motorbike soon.

So, once we met, we decided to go to see Cha-Am, which is another 100 km further South in Petchaburi province. It was a pleasant day, so, felt good to drive. Once there we walked along the beach, ate some Thai food, and went to swim. Though it is the low (rainy) season now, it doesn't affect the water much, it was warm as always. The beach itself isn't the prettiest, but it is fine, a wide enough stretch of yellow/white sand with a line of casuarina trees behind the beach chairs. It was quiet, few tourists, mainly Thai families visit here, whom find Pattaya too loud.

Anyway, it was a great afternoon, all till we were just to go. Then started to rain. Should I know, I wouldn't change my swim suit. In 2 minute we were soaking wet, and it was raining most part of the way home too. Was I glad when I finally arrived home?! My luck, that the rain here is very rarely cold, so, i didn't caught any cold. But sure next time I will have a raincoat with me.



No comments: