Saturday, November 22, 2008

Star Wars: The Clone Wars


I can hardly imagine, there is anybody in there 30s and 40s who would not know Star Wars. For me, it is by far my favorite sci-fi, and even though the first ( Episode 4: A new hope) came out in 1977, there is so few which get near to the Star Wars success.
But, as time pass, there is a new generation now, and they would keep Star Wars alive with them too. A great idea indeed.
My son's first meet with Star Wars was basically Family Guy's Star Wars special, a parody of Episode 4: A new hope. And in that, a real funny one, in mind the younger ones as well probably, being only 40 or so minutes.
And after some planning, this summer Lucas came out an animated Star Wars movie, The Clone Wars, bringing Star Wars back to fans, and aiming to get the attention of a new generation.
I think they did.
The Clone Wars are placed in time between Episode 2 and Episode 3, where Anakin is still a Jedi ( and not Darth Vader), and the Clones are being the good guys, fighting against the droid army.
The movie was actually an Intro into the story. Lucasfilm signed a 44 episode contract with Cartoon Network to air the Star Wars: The Clone Wars cartoon series.
And I think it is a success for all, measuring on my son how he enjoys it, and keep asking for more episodes. We don't have CN, so, it is the magic of download, and I can only download as soon as they post it.
Even though it is not a "real" Star Wars movie, I still enjoy it as well, so, another thing we can do together with my son. And that is great!


No comments: