Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Entrecard: a fun way to promote your blog





A few days ago, thank to an online friend from a forum, I found out about Entrecard.
Though I heard the name before, never really caught me, and never had a better look to see how it is. Now I know it was a mistake from my side.
Entrecard is great, and real fun.
If you have a blog, you don't usually want to write for yourself, be honest, you would want people to read it as well. But to find/reach reader, to let them know that your blog is there, and to get some traffic to your blog, these are not the easy tasks. There are millions of blog out there.
Entrecard works mainly like a traffic exchange, where you "drop card" for members blog, and they can drop on yours. For these you can earn credit.
You can design your card and use that. Some cards I saw are real pro, and I envy those who has design talents.
I just made myself a newer, V2 card, now it looks like this:

Still there is way to improve, I know, but this is a start.

With the earned credit you can advertise your card on blogs, and it works again the opposite way too. More members like to put ads on your blog, higher the "price" goes. It is like an entrepreneur game. I told you, it is fun. Most blog directories don't offer such features, thus sooner or later they become boring for you.
Entrecard is well organized, and those all little cards bring lots of colour to it.
Not to mention traffic, it is bringing me rapid traffic, fast becoming my biggest source.
I hope more success will follow.
I strongly recommend to all who has a blog, to try Entrecard. It is fun, and it is free.
I am happy I have listened to my friend.



1 comment:

P.L.S. said...

Good info. I've been thinking of making an account myself. Maybe I will in a few days. I can do it right now, but I'm a procrastinator :D