Saturday, September 27, 2008

Working on a cruiseship ( Grand Princess)


I mentioned in my profile, that I used to work on a cruise ship; so here is the ship where I worked first. Moreover I also met my wife here. Yes, she was a worker there too, and, no, I didn't get a a rich wife. Next life maybe.
The date is 2000, I am obviously 8 years younger and full of hopes to travel around the World and also get rich doing it. So, in August, 2000 I joined this beautiful cruise ship, the Grand Princess.
It not only look huge, but that time it was still holding the 'Biggest cruise ship of the World' title with her 109000 tonnes, and nearly 300 meters of length! She got 18 floors, and enough corridors that it took a week for me until I could confidently go to my room, without any detours.
Work on a cruise ship is an awful lots of hours, but yes, I could also go to places I would probably never would have a chance to see otherwise. Not after losing the get a rich wife option anyway. From the photos, you can get a basic idea how big is she. I will write more about ships and work on them in later posts.

No comments: