Wednesday, September 24, 2008

St. Patrick's Crouch










The place is Ireland, just outside Westport, a charming little seaside resort town.
The challenge: to climb up to a hill, in St.Patrick's footsteps. The hill is around 760 meter high, above sea level...and we start out the trip right at sea level!! It is a rather steep climb with lots of stone and rock on the way, to make every step a bit more difficult. Thinking back, on the way we didn't pass a single tree. Only grass, stones, and some sheep. In Ireland they have many sheep. Mostly white, but I saw a lot of little black sheep too. Now i know where they get the idea of black sheep.





So, on a beautiful day, and and my very good friend Kalman decided that today is the day when we will conquer the hill. Bought water, some chocolate, and started out. I have to mention, that my friend isn't the skinny type, but he was great, even if sometimes he felt to give up. Cant really blame him, it was tiresome climb. But the view was fantastic from the top. Actually all the way up, if you were not to tired to watch. It took 3 hours to get to the top, and another 2 to come back down. Though the way back was faster thanks to gravitation, for the same reason it was more difficult too. But we did it! And I am very happy we did. Even if it was hard to make it, it will be unforgettable memories for me. I don't remember any other place to have this kind of unobstructed view to see all everything for miles and miles around. Beautiful. I only hope that the photos can give back some of it. Enjoy!

No comments: